Friday, January 4, 2013

Can I eat this? 2013 edition


In this week's addition of "can I eat this?", we look at more than slightly fermented pineapple brought over from Hawaii.

I don't know what's more embarrassing, that I'm wondering if we should eat it, or that we let fresh pineapple go uneaten and ferment, bringing it all the way back from Hawaii.

But we just got back from Hawaii so there's not much food in the house, and I'm pretty hungry.

(I think that's the jist of the blog: I'm poor and hungry, and will probably be only poorer and hungrier in the future, so I should test the limits of edibility now while I... still... have my health?)

ANYway, the pineapple has a high BAC, something akin to old-fashioned American macro-brew.
So after eating about half a container (roughly half a whole diced pineapple), I started feeling queasy.

Was it the intoxicants, or deadly bacteria? That question is precisely why I don't do shrooms.

So I stopped eating, cause I feel like I just gulped down a couple cans of Budweiser at one in the afternoon on an empty stomach.

Luckily, googling "deadly pineapple bacteria" yielded no relevant results.

VERDICT: SAFE, BEST AT PARTIES.

1 comment: