Add to the pot-pourri a lack of actual edible food, general unenthusiasm for leaving home, and a lack of funds for buying actual non-moldy food if we were to leave home, and the result are several new entries for the latest blog-wave: "Can I eat this?"
Today we have a double header, as Briana respectfully pulled from the back of the fridge a jar of plums that I semi-processed back in September.
("Semi-processing" is going through the hassle of pitting and boiling fruit without adding sugar to make jam and/or alcohol, or doing anything else with the concoction other than let it sit in the fridge).
From a distance, it could be art.
Maybe that's an idea: instead of blogging, I should go down to the farmer's market and peddle my wares as inedible food-art, like gourds and sour plums.
I especially like the texture! If it hadn't been sitting my fridge for three months, I'd mistake it for a fancy variation of French mousse.
ANYway, upon further inspection, it's not so enticing.
Funny, that mold wasn't there before I left for Hawaii.
(Mold is kinda cool, especially if you're a small child and still learning about things in the world and what's safe to eat and what's not. What's wrong with that sentence vis-a-vis the theme of the blog?)
Wanna see something really cool? Of course you do! The inner mold -which is only on the top of the plum stuff, meaning if I take it off it's safe to eat, right?- has shaped itself to the top of the jar.
It's kinda cool if you look at it closely. Here, I'll add another photo:
It's at this point when I realize that I'm still recovering from the slight buzz that resulted in the previous installation of CIET. And if there's one thing I remember from chemistry class, it's something about... like... um... not mixing experiments.
I should hold off on experimenting with the plum stuff after I'm absolutely 100% recovered from the pineapple stuff.
I'll just sneak this jar back into the fridge. Don't tell my girlfriend.