Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stories, oh stories...

I've posted a couple of my stories online.
It's all been a bit of a strategic dilemma. I wrote heavily for several years, and tried hard to get published.
I think I was successful with a couple "online lit journals" that soon thereafter went invalid IP address-up.

My best stories, though never got anywhere. I tried and tried and tried, heavily, regularly, and often between 2006 and 2010 with nary a suggestion of acceptance.

So I sat on them. Did some work as a journalist (more difficult, and more pointless), went to grad school (ditto) and now... I'm here.

And what?

I've been batting about ideas on how to publish my stories. There have been significant developments in the literary world between 2006 and 2013. Among them, I'd think that if I just posted the stories online and marketed them somehow, I would be "successful". I just have to market them, right?

So now I'm flirting with it, but can't decide which story is more worthy of being put online: Hitchhiking with the creepy German? Stuck in the northern-most city in the world? Held up at gun point in Mexico? Mugged in Cuba? Meeting Fidel?

Which? Which story do I post?

No comments:

Post a Comment